Travel Insurance Driving Usa : Drive to Mexico | Mexico Travel Tips for Visa, Pets, Insurance & More

Travel Insurance Driving Usa Video

Travel Insurance Driving Usa

Drive to Mexico | Mexico Travel Tips for Visa, Pets, Insurance & More

Drive to Mexico | Mexico Travel Tips for Visa, Pets, Insurance & More

Drive to Mexico | Travel MUSTS for Visa, Pets, Insurance, RV & Car // Mexico travel is amazing, but traveling to Mexico in your RV can seem daunting especially for your first time at a Mexican border crossing. But I’m going to take the mystery out of crossing the border with some easy steps and a checklist so you can get on your way to enjoying the sandy beach in Mexico.

I’m giving you 7 requirements to crossing the US Mexican border to get into Mexico on vacation and Mexico tips to making it easy crossing Mexican border. Travel to Mexico can be amazing especially for us digital nomads who want to spend an extended time on a road trip to Mexico. So my Mexico travel tips should help you understand the Mexico requirements to driving in Mexico and to travel through Mexico. Have fun traveling to Mexico and enjoy the beauty.

★ Free Mexico Travel Checklist:
★ Mandatory Mexican Vehicle Insurance:
★ Blog Post:

★ Free Mini Course on Expenses & Budgeting for Travel:

Get my full annual budget including personal expenses, a budget template for you, learn how to budget for your travels, and tips on saving money in your budget so you can start traveling sooner and live your best life.

★ My Favorite Gear & Equipment I Use (Amazon affiliate links)

Stashers Bags:
Vitamix Blender:
Instant Pot:
Travel Berkey Water Filter:
Favorite Instant Pot Accessory PIP:
Dash Compact Air Fryer:
Fagor Induction Cooktop:
Induction Cooktop Skillet:
Citrus Juicer handheld:
Compact Adjustable Measuring Cup:
Matcha Teaspoon and whisk:
Best Coffee/Espresso Maker:
No paper coffee filter:

Van Gear:
SumoSpring Bumps:
SumoSprings Front Coils:
Thetford Toilet Seal:

Camera Gear:
My main camera Panasonic Lumix:
Sigma night lens:
Audio Recorder and Mic:
Dash Cam/Action Cam:
Second backup camera:
Best bendy flexible tripod:
My phone wide angle lens:
Does it all phone mount, lights, microphone:
Favorite omnidirectional camera mic:

Travel Gear:
Pstyle female urination device:
Get unstuck from sand/mud/dirt:
weBoost – Can’t do without it cell booster:
weBoost rust proof antenna to be installed WITH earth magnet mount (Use coupon code STORYCHASING for 10% off):
weBoost earth magnet mount for rust proof antenna above:
My book for traveling:

★ Tip Jar:

★ Season 2, Episode 43: Mexican border crossing 7 musts and a free Mexico travel checklist.

★ How I Got Started

Hi, I’m Amber and in May 2017 I started this nomadic journey after selling my house and all my belongings to pursue this crazy dream of living out of my RV full-time and traveling all around North America.

After 1 year of traveling, I sold my 26 foot Winnebago Class C RV for a more nimble Class B Hymer Aktiv van. I couldn’t have been more excited to continue my second year in a van that allows me to travel to more places and experience more in life.

★ Seasons to Binge

Binge watch each season:

★ National Geographic Quest

I’m on a personal quest to accomplish all of National Geographic 300 Scenic Highways & Byways. No time frame, just enjoy the journey and complete all 300.

Follow me on my journey and see my stats of completion and travel in each state.

★ Music Credits:
Ariel’s Dance by Ian Post:

© StoryChasing – Create. Do. Live!

#MexicoTravel #CrossingMexicoBorder #vanlife

This video on this page is automatically generated content related to “travel insurance driving usa”. Therefore, the accuracy of this video on this webpage can not be guaranteed.


  1. You are truly a treasure on YouTube! You have one of the best, most practical, informative and beneficial channels for road travelers and van- lifers. No fake or purposefully posted drama, attitude, cuss words, or unnecessary ramblings here on your channel, and that is greatly appreciated! Other channels take note. You present your helpful material in a very concise, organized, tasteful, and professional manner. And you are always so pleasant. Good editing too. Thank you, rock on sister!, and safe travels out there.

  2. That's really important to have that coverage. I give you props for driving that RV in Mexico. We experienced the driving over there and wow. They're very fast drivers. Great tip on the Pets and good to know. Very informative and helpful. Our first experience driving in an RV was through a few different parts of Alaska. That was incredible. The thrill of home on the road "literally" was refreshing and rewarding. Thanks Amber. Could you take a look at our latest video, as we'd love to hear your thoughts as well.

  3. U.S. and Canadian citizens over the age of two, without a Mexican temporary or permanent resident card, need to obtain an FMM tourist permit when entering Mexico. Mexican law requires that tourists from the U.S. and Canada have an FMM tourist permit for any trip into Baja. You may encounter INM checkpoints along the peninsula where they will ask to see your passport and FMM. If you get into an accident in Mexico and you don’t have an FMM tourist permit, you are not considered to be in accordance with Mexican law, and therefore your Mexican auto insurance can be rendered invalid. Each individual must have their own FMM, including children ages two

    As of September 2015, there is no longer a “free zone” and every person entering Baja, regardless of destination or duration of trip needs to obtain an FMM. If you are only going to be in Mexico for seven days or less, you can get a free FMM, but you still need to stop at the border to fill out the paperwork to obtain the permit.

  4. FMM’s are absolutely required now regardless of your length of stay. If you stay less then 7 days it is free but it is still required.

  5. I'm not calling into question any of the information you are providing in this fine video, however in the nearly 60 years of crossing the Border of Mexico including Calexico, (not El Centro), San Diego, Nogales, Algodones, and other border crossings. I have never been asked for any of that stuff. I have had cursory checks of my vehicle at the border a few times, no big deal. I did always have my 6 month Mexico Visa which I always kept current, (the FMM you refer) and Carried full coverage Mexico Insurance purchased on an annual basis. I only recall being asked for my visa one time, one year and it had expired a few days earlier because I wasn't able to leave Mexico when I had planned. That happened at Guerrero Negro, the Border between the Mexico States of Baja Sur and Baja Norte. The Mexico Customs Agent said no problem and simply took the old one and made a new one and collected the money, took about 10 minutes and I was on my way back. I did have a serious accident, a head on collision one year climbing up the steep, narrow mountain road coming out of Santa Rosalia going towards San Ignacio. No one was seriously injured, both cars were seriously damaged, both were towed to Santa Rosalia. The Police came, examined the scene declared the other driver at fault and filed their report. No other action was taken. The next day I met with the Mexican Insurance Adjuster in Mulege and the whole matter was resolved over Breakfast. I've never had a U.S. Passport, and it has never been an issue crossing the U.S. Mexico Border in either direction. I do carry my U.S. Birth Certificate and have in recent years been asked for it by U.S. Customs when returning to the U.S. Over these many years I've traveled in Mexico from Border to Border and Coast to Coast including Baja. I'm a long time AAA member and both the Mexican Insurance and Pesos can be purchased in select AAA offices in Southern California, which is a great service, and which I know and trust and avail myself of both of those services. Additionally I always carry an Emergency Medical Air Evacuation Insurance Policy, which I don't think you mentioned…….my2cents, rick

  6. I got the enhanced Drivers License here in WA state so I got go across either border. I don't know if all states offer this. So it was like 78.00 compared to over 120.00 for a passport.

  7. Haha, dating myself as well, I remember traveling to Mexico and Canada with a driver’s license, or a birth certificate if you were under 16. My biggest concern would be getting the dog back into the US, be sure to check what the US guidelines are. Additional things I have learned from other channels is you can’t bring any fresh produce (and maybe meat / dairy? ) and if you have a loan on your vehicle (you do not technically own it / do not have the title) be sure to have a letter from your lender (and it must include all countries you plan to visit if you are moving onward to Central America). Best all inclusive video I have seen on the topic, thanks for sharing! 🌴

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *